Dry January
Might still be easier than
Veganuary
I could manage without beer
But I’ll always need ice-cream

15 comments for “A Tanka That Continues A Recent Theme Of Mocking A Flawed Public Health Campaign While Also Trivialising Another January Health Challenge And Revealing That I Have A Similar Attitude To Nutrition To That Of A Small Child

1. January 9, 2021 at 6:00 am

I concur, sir.

2. January 9, 2021 at 6:47 am

Consider this lockdowns length.
    Loneliness can take a heavy toll,
    Keep up your spirits and your strength
    Saturated in unholy amounts of Cholesterol.

3. January 9, 2021 at 2:21 pm

It’s a scientific fact.

4. January 10, 2021 at 5:28 am

I’m sure there’s ice cream in Heaven. If it’s in Hell, then I might consider murdering someone on Earth.

• January 10, 2021 at 4:32 pm

I would definitely kill for an eternity of ice-cream

5. January 10, 2021 at 3:29 pm

Apparently you can get vegan ice cream–it’s made with coconut milk. But you’d have to like coconut an awful lot to eat it, I think!

• January 10, 2021 at 4:34 pm

I do quite like coconut but anything that is prefaced by the word vegan makes me suspicious. I might try it, I might even like it, I could possibly even convince myself over time that it is as good as the real thing but there would always be a part of me that would know the truth and I would eventually crack.

• January 10, 2021 at 4:39 pm

One of my favourite jokes: “I’m a level 4 vegan. I don’t eat anything with a shadow”. Lol!

6. January 11, 2021 at 12:27 am

I know of a place which sells beer Ice cream. It’s the best of all worlds. and it’s not dry when it melts

Promote Laughter